Join Blackout Party on Sunday at Bar Pink for a special daytime show to raise money in the fight against cancer.
The San Diego music scene is vast and covers many genres, but one incredible thing about our scene is the way it can come together when someone is in need. Today, a great lineup of bands are uniting to raise money for Bea Corona who has been battling brain cancer. She recently underwent surgery which removed 90% of the tumor, but will undergo chemo and radiation therapies to fight the remaining cancer. There will be free pizza, a raffle with some great prizes, and of course, awesome music. By night, the War On Drugs perform to a sold-out crowd at the Casbah (read our show preview here), the Frights take the stage at Che Cafe, and Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas performs at Humphrey's by the Bay.
Sunday, April 6:
- Benefit for Bea featuring Blackout Party, Behind the Wagon, Masteria, Sleeping Ghost @ Bar Pink (2:00 p.m.)
- Rat Sabbath featuring DJ Ratty (10:00 p.m.) @ Bar Pink
- The War on Drugs, White Laces @ Casbah (Sold Out)
- The Frights, Great Ghosts, Wide Streets, the Pilgrims, Suzys Dead @ The Che Cafe
- Rob Thomas @ Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay
- 2nd Annual Brew Classic @ Mission Bay/Crown Point
- Lime Cordiale, Ed Ghost Tucker, Social Club @ Soda Bar
- Rome, Aloha Radio @ The Belly Up
- Devon Jane @ San Diego Civic Theatre
- Eats Everything, Lee K @ Bang Bang
- Mark Fisher Trio @ Croce Park West
- Pants Karaoke @ The Merrow
- Ace's Jam Session @ Gallagher's Pub
- Aubrey Fay (10:00 a.m.), Michael Paulo (8:00 p.m.) @ Humphrey's Backstage
- Natalie Emmons, Mike Genovese, Whetherman @ Lestat's
- Rump Shaker w/ DJ Artistic, Tramlife, Artform, DJ L @ U-31
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.