Peelander Z have a reputation for memorable live shows.
There are so many great shows this week, and Tuesday night is no exception. City & Colour return to San Diego with a headline spot at Humphrey's Concerts By the Bay, or you can catch the kooky weirdness of Peelander-Z at Soda Bar. Mogwai perform at Belly Up, with just a few tickets available, and the legendary Mobb Deep perform to a sold-out crowd at the Casbah in honor of the 20 year anniversary of their record, The Infamous. If you want to check out some of San Diego's rising stars, come by The Loft at UCSD where I'll be judging a Battle of the Bands with the winners earning a spot on this year's Sun God Festival.
Tuesday, April 15:
- Mobb Deep, Young Farrow, Parker and the Numberman, DJ's Artistic & Tramlife @ Casbah (sold out)
- Casbah presents Mogwai, Majeure (AE Paterra of Zombi) @ Belly Up
- Casbah presents Peelander-Z, the Touchies, Pleasure Fix @ Soda Bar
- City & Colour, No @ Humphrey's Concerts By the Bay
- Sun God Festival Battle of the Bands @ The Loft (Tim Pyles and I are judges!)
- Sound Lupus, the Cobra Las, the Nearly Deads, Quad IX @ Tower Bar
- Tiki Tuesday @ Bar Pink
- Kid Wilderness, Joe Clarke Band, Dangerdanger @ Tin Can
- Lisa Hilton @ Saville Theatre, San Diego City College
- Soda Bar presents I Am the Avalanche, Diamond Youth, Turnover @ Che Cafe
- Jesse Davis @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- The New Division & Prgrm, Pal&Drone @ Winston's
- Michelle Lundeen @ Tio Leo's
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- The Band Slint's documentary, Breadcrump Trail @ Whistle Stop
- DJ Ramsey @ The Office
- Big City Dawgs @ Henry's Pub
- Terry James, NoNDescript, eSeMCy, 3XR, Paulo @ Kava Lounge
- Soul Shakedown @ The Shakedown
- Reggae Night @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.