Looking for a fun weekend event to share with some fellow winos? Imagine yourself sitting on a rooftop deck soaking up the gorgeous downtown San Diego sights and sipping on some exclusive vino and mouth-watering food. Sounds delicious, and if you love wine as much as I do, this upcoming event is right up our alley!
Tickets are a little on the pricey side -- $45, but will get you five skillfully paired food and wine pairings (paired by Chef Robert Conaway from "The Glass Door" restaurant:
- Costa Azul, Lake County - Sauvignon Blanc 2008 paired with Humboldt fog chevre mousse & paddlefish caviar
- CCV, Dry Creek Valley - Chardonnay 2008 paired with mini crab cakes and tropical fruit emulsion
- CCV, Dry Creek Valley - Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 paired with duck prosciutto, melon and cherry balsamic vinegar
- CCV, Dry Creek Valley - Petite Sirah 2007 paired with braised angus short ribs, mashed fingerling potatoes and Lambert Bridge Demi
- Costa Azul , "Mariani Ranch" Alexander Valley - Late Harvest Zinfandel 2008 paired with petite chocolate decadence with raspberry coulis -- yum!
For more information about this event and other upcoming events visit their website: OffTheVineSD.org. The deadline to purchase your tickets for this event is July 5. Cheers!