For many locals, summer's first emerging rays of sunshine signal the beginning of yet another season filled with fried Twinkies and nostalgic carousel rides. DiscoverSD.com tells us what’s new and notable in the fried food department at the 2009 San Diego County Fair.
- Chocolate-covered bacon strips for those who cannot decide between salty and sweet.
- Zucchini Weeni, a hot dog on a stick, covered in a zucchini, then of course, dipped in batter and deep fried to crunchy goodness.
- Deep-fried bread pudding nuggets.
- Big T Texas Tenderloin sandwiches.
- Deep-fried green beans.
- Oatmeal-cookie chicken sandwiches.