The City of Santee is celebrating its 40th year by offering residents free, sweet treats on Tuesday.
Ice cream, cookies and even cheesecake bites will be given away at various locations on Dec. 1 for the occassion. The sweet celebration will end with a special fireworks display at 7 p.m.
Several locations have signed up to be a Sweet Treat Stop for Santee’s celebration:
- Santee City Hall – From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., gourmet treats by Lantern Crest’s Executive Chef Mario Esparza
- Bagel & Donut Bar -- From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., donut holes for children and classic bagel with cream cheese for adults
- Baklava King -- From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (at Santee City Hall), variety of baklava
- Bowls N Brews -- From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., waffle toast
- Chick-fil-A -- From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (at Santee City Hall), brownies
- Dairy Queen – From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., small soft serve cone of either chocolate or vanilla
- Eccentric International Chefs - From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., mini cupcakes and cookies, and macaroons
- Go Get Yogurt – From 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., birthday-size frozen yogurt with one topping
- Honey Donuts -- Open 24 hours, donuts, coffee, hot chocolate, muffins or cookies
- Kravings Fruit Bar -- From 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., acai cup, fruit cup, bionico, strawberries and cream or charranjo
- Mahalo Shave Ice Co - From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., mini Hawaiian treats
- Mary's Donuts - Open 24 hours, donuts
- NatSweets – From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., chocolate chip or birthday cake cookie or a scoop of ice cream
- The Coffee Corner -- From 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Belgian waffles and mini acai bowls
- The Cupcake Store – From 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., mini cupcakes
- Whipped Cake Shop – From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., gingerbread cheesecake bites.
- The Wrap Shack -- From 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., free cookie with any purchase
The treats will be available while supplies last.
What was formally known as a small farming town by the name of Cowelstown, Santee became its own city in 1980. It didn’t come without obstacles – an initiative for Santee’s cityhood was voted against in 1976.
To learn more about Santee’s history, click here.