Ocean Beach

RV Catches Fire, Flames Spread to Bird Store Next Door

NBCUniversal Media, LLC

An RV caught fire and flames spread to a bird supply store next door in Ocean Beach Friday, leaving one person with burn injuries.

The RV caught fire in a driveway next to Tropic Island Bird & Supply on Voltaire Street at around 3:45 p.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Bystanders were trying to extinguish the flames before SDFD crews arrived.

One person in the RV was injured and the bird store was damaged, SDFD said.

No injuries to birds or animals were reported.

Contact Us