Man Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Alpine House Fire - NBC 7 San Diego

Man Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Alpine House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Army Sgt's Remains Return 69 Years After He Was KIA

    Investigators now say a man killed in a house fire in Alpine in May died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.

    The 54-year-old man’s death was ruled a suicide, according to a report from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.

    Deputies had responded May 12 to a report of a potentially intoxicated man yelling at the home when 911 callers indicated the house was on fire.

    The fire broke out shortly before 2 p.m. in the 1400 block of Marshall Road.

    Firefighters put out the fire at the single story family home, but found the man already dead in the kitchenette area.