Tonight is very chill compared to the past two weekends of events in San Diego, but there's some fun stuff to catch if you're out to find it. Locals Fashion Jackson headline at the Casbah, and I have to give a super duper shout out to Mdrn Hstry, who opened for a low-selling out-of-town band and managed to rally their fans and friends to come out and support both of them and salvage what could've been a sad night for a touring band. Meanwhile, Soda Bar features Contact, who play a kinda fuzzy throwback to new wave and college rock, George Thorogood plays to the boomer set at Humphreys and Cardiac Kidz rock Til-Two Club.
Monday, July 23:
- Fashion Jackson, Mdrn Hstry, Secret Lynx @ Casbah
- Contact, Other Ways, Asmodeus, Good Time Girl @ Soda Bar
- George Thorogood & the Destroyers @ Humphreys Concerts by the Bay
- Fresh Veggies @ Bar Pink
- Cardiac Kidz, the Executives, My Revenge @ Til-Two Club
- Lawn, Pope @ Title TK
- Private Event @ Belly Up
- Motown on Monday San Diego @ The Office
- The Cadillac Three, 7horse @ House of Blues
- Chad and Rosie @ Crossroads, House of Blues (free)
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday: Dark New Wave @ Blonde
- Tim Norton @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Backwater Blues Band @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.