I hope that your weekend was exciting, whether at Pride, another show or hanging out enjoying the very pronounced arrival of summer in San Diego.
This week promises to be a great one, whether you're excited about Comic-Con or opening day at the races, or any of the other great things happening around town. If you weren't fortunate enough to grab tickets to Jack White's latest project, the Dead Weather, at HOB, it's always Anti-Monday League at the Casbah on Mondays, and tonight is no exception, with songster Charlie Mars bringing his unique style to the stage. His fifth album, Like a Bird, Like a Plane, shows Mars exploring various music styles and is sure to bring life to keep him rising above the limitations of the singer/songwriter label.
Monday July 19:
- The Dead Weather, Harlem @ House of Blues (sold put)
- Anti-Monday Leage presents Charlie Mars, Greg Gibson @ Casbah
- Drink Up Buttercup, Cousins, Street of Little Girls @ Soda Bar
- The Styletones @ Bar Pink
- For the Fallen Dreams, Legend, I Declare War, This or the Apocalypse, Forever Ends Now, Colossal, Endure The Fall @ Epicentre
- Lady Dottie and the Diamonds @ U-31
- Melly Frances and the Distilled Spirits @ Riviera Supper Club
- Chet Cannon's Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge
- Pyrate Punx Mayhem Mondays presents Witchaven, Degenerated, Vampirates, Razor Maze, Trasher @ Ruby Room
- Doug Allen, Suzy Bongo @ The Kraken
- Delta Heat @ Patrick's II
- Electric Waste Band, Drunk Poet's Society @ Winston's
- Burning Streets @ O'Connor's Pub (La Mesa)
- Dana Ralston @ Davina's Cabo Grill
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.