Lots of changes tonight, such that I had to write this twice. Originally, I was talking about how metal is probably the least represented genre in San Diego, so it must be super cool to be a fan of metal when a lineup like the Summer Slaughter rolls through, but what I actually learned is that people who like metal are a finicky bunch, and all of the subgenres don't really play well in the sandbox together. So sometimes, we just can't have nice things, and the way X-Fest went, so too goes the Summer Slaughter Tour with a cancellation "due to unforeseen circumstances." Monday isn't completely without hope, though. Jess Williamson plays Soda Bar, Queen of Boogie Woogie Sue Palmer plays at Humphreys Backstage and we've confirmed Electric Waste Band are, in fact, not ever breaking their 30+ year Monday night streak at Winston's.
Monday, Aug. 13:
The Summer Slaughter Tour - Between the Buried and Me, Born Of Osiris, Veil of Maya, Erra, The Agony Scene, Allegaeon, Terror Universal, Soreption, Entheos @ Soma
- Jess Williamson, Stephen El Rey @ Soda Bar
- Sue Palmer @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Dead Bird Son, Blind Mountain Holler @ Stag and Lion
- DJ Dunecat and DJ RT @ Bar Pink
- Motown on Monday @ The Office
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday: Dark New Wave @ Blonde
- The Floor Is Lava, Half Eaten @ Tower Bar
- Talia Keys @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Libbie Higgins in "Carla's Big Time Vegas Show" @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Electric Relaxation: '90s Hip-Hop/Chill Beats @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.