The thing about live music is that sometimes fewer choices make your decisions about where to spend your time and money easier. I sometimes find myself paralyzed, like a squirrel with too many nuts, and end up squandering a night, but when the choices are limited, you're either in or you're out. The Casbah hosts trio Le Saboteur, whose heavy sound teeters between metal, punk and hardcore, and whose frontwoman's spunky vocals might make this a local band to keep an eye on. Meanwhile, Soda Bar features Israeli rocker Ninet Tayeb, Blonde hosts a Ramones tribute at Blue Monday and Sue Palmer brings the boogie woogie to Humphreys Backstage.
Monday, July 29:
- Le Saboteur, No Win, the Petty Saints @ Casbah
- Ninet Tayeb, the Oxen, Matt Mcjunkins @ Soda Bar
- Blue Monday: Dark '80s Night with the Ramones Live Tribute @ Blonde
- Sue Palmer @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Motown on Mondays @ The Office
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Game Show Night @ The Rabbit Hole
- Marklyn Retzer @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy & Nathan @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Electric Relaxation @ Whistle Stop
- Mic'D Up Music Competition @ Moonshine Flats
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.