Whatever words you use to describe your mother, most can agree that this special person in your life deserves a special day. Here are some ideas on how to make May 10 memorable.
- Brunch is $35 per person and includes those endless mimosa's. Call 619-814-2000 for reservations.
BRUNCH WITH SHAMU: Seaworld will host a special 'Brunch with Shamu' where you can dine poolside with the killer whale and celebrate San Diego moms.
- Brunch is either at 9 - 10:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tickets are $24 (kids 3-9) & $49 (10 and up). Click here to purchase your tickets or call 800-25-SHAMU. Reservations required.
HELP THE COMMUNITY: The Macy's in Chula Vista will host an exclusive Mother's Day Beauty Gala to benefit local charities Becky's House and INMujer. Get treated to an afternoon of special tips and tricks from professional makeup artists, fun in-store activities, fragrance sampling, live music, desserts and beverages.
- It will actually be held on Saturday, May 9, 2009 from 1-4 p.m. Macy's Chula Vista in the Cosmetics Department
- It all starts at 9:30 a.m. at National City Nutrition Program, 1415 D Ave., National City 91950.
LOCAL MILITARY MOM'S: The Sheraton in Carlsbad will celebrates Camp Pendleton moms and kids with their Mother's Day Extravaganza which includes, a gourmet spring buffet, LEGOLAND passes & other pampering prizes. The event is to honor those who are serving and deployed from Camp Pendleton.
WALK TO EMPOWER: This 3-mile Mother's Day 'Walk to Empower' provides breast cancer support and is the perfect way to honor the survivors in your life, commemorate your own diagnosis, or remember lost loved ones.
- This free event begins at 9 a.m. at Mission Bay Park.
Searching for some more ideas? Check out these fun activities and also make sure to take our Mother's Day Quiz for gift ideas!
- Go Green For Mom -- Be kind to Mother Earth, it's her day too after all
- Free Pearls For Mom -- A special brunch and jewelry, all in one place