The man behind a string of bank robberies starting in 2009 was sentenced to 94 years and eight months.
Davis pled guilty to 48 felony counts and eight felony robbery counts. On September 29, Davis was sentenced to 94 years and eight months.
He robbed five banks in Chula Vista before police caught him:
- December 16, 2009: Wells Fargo on H St.
- December 28, 2009: San Diego National Bank on H St.
- January 7, 2010: Vibra Bank on Broadway Ave.
- January 14, 2010: Bank of America on E St.
- January 26, 2010: Bank of America on Third St.
During the last bank robbery on Third St., police caught Davis as he was fleeing from the robbery and took him into custody. The same day, the FBI served a search warrant at his house, where they found his disguises and the stolen currency.
Three months after he was taken into custody, he was released on bail but was on parole, only to rob more banks, including:
- March 28, 2011: San Diego County Credit Union on H St.
- March 30, 2011: Citibank on Broadway Circle in San Diego
- April 1, 2011: Bank of America on West Broadway in San Diego
On April 1, 2011, police tracked Davis back to a motel, where they took him into custody.