It's been a long campaign season for San Diego's top four mayoral candidates, and with the primary election just two weeks away, the candidates' platform goals are getting more specific and their attacks more heated.
District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis, Representative Bob Filner, Councilman Carl DeMaio and Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher appeared the second time in our studios for a live mayoral debate.
There were 7 rounds, in which panelists asked each candidate an individual question, followed by their answers and any rebuttal. Click on the links to watch the specific rounds.
- STADIUM FUNDING: All candidates support a new Chargers stadium, but at what expense to the taxpayer?
- LEADERSHIP: What in your background would strengthen your role as mayor?
- PEOPLE and SUPPORT: Who would join your team as mayor?
- LIGHTNING ROUND: Quick questions about the Plaza de Panama project, police and immigration, trash collection, the U.S. president and medical marijuana.
- SCHOOLS: To what extent and how should the mayor help San Diego schools?
- CAMPAIGNS: Attack ads, mailers and personal remarks reflect a tense race. What's behind those attacks, and what do they say about the candidates?
- MEASURE OF SUCCESS: What would make you proud of your term as mayor?
Here's a wrap-up of the debate, with the commentary our social media friends and followers provided while they watched: