Mistrial Declared for Former City Official

The jury was split

By Mark Heaslet
|  Wednesday, Feb 1, 2012  |  Updated 4:47 PM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Mistrial Declared for Former City Official

A mistrial was declared in the trial of Mario Sierra, a former San Diego city official  accused of child molestation.

Prosecutors accused the former “Street Czar” of molesting an underage female relative nearly eight years ago.

But the jury was split – seven said not guilty, three voted guilty and two were undecided.

Sierra was appointed to Director of Transportation and Storm Water last year.

The judge in the case told the lawyers, he doesn't think another jury will be able to reach a verdict with the evidence in this case.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out