Top 5 Reasons to Become a car2go Member
North America's only all-electric carsharing network has plenty of vehicles available in San Diego, making quick trips and spontaneous road trips easier than ever
Introducing North America's first all-electric carsharing network
The following content is created in consultation with car2go. It does not reflect the work or opinions of NBC San Diego's editorial staff. To learn more about car2go, visit car2go.com.
Between fees, parking and gas prices, renting cars can be a serious hassle.
Well, not anymore. Introducing car2go
, North America's first all-electric carsharing network. Members pay only 38 cents a minute, which includes parking, fuel, insurance, maintenance and cleaning, and can reserve cars in advanced or rent on the fly. Simply use the car finder map
on their website, call their reservation center
or use their mobile app
to locate parked cars in the San Diego area. Once you find your vehicle, simply swipe your member card, answer a few questions on the car's touch screen and drive for as little or as long as you like.
Really, it's that simple. Whether it's a fun, spontaneous road trip or a quick jaunt across town to run errands, car2go members enjoy the freedom of hassle-free car sharing. So how can it directly improve your life? Consider the top five reasons to become a member.
- Friday night plans: Going out in the Gaslamp, heading to a game or maybe a concert? Since street parking is always free* for members, car2go is the perfect solution for any occasion where you have to pay for parking.
- If you’re going to the beaches on Fourth of July, Memorial Day or any other time the sun is shining, you’ll always find a spot big enough to fit your car2go while others will be circling for hours.
- If it happens to be raining in San Diego, save yourself the wet dog look and hop in a car2go. You’ll get to your destination warm, dry, and happy.
- To and from the airport: Park in Spanish Landing across the street and walk to Terminal 2 in under 5 minutes. And yes, your luggage will fit in the car. Bonus: If you’re heading to one of our nine US Cities, you can use car2go there too!
- If one morning you wake up and your car won’t start, you’ll always have a backup car just a short walk away to get you to work on time.
To become a car2go member and enjoy the freedom of hassle-free carsharing, visit car2go.com
*Parking Rules and Restrictions apply