I hope that everyone the busy weekend and has had some time to recover, but the truth is that this town almost never stops and there is great live music to be found almost every night of the year. Well, maybe not Christmas. But still, we have so much great music and this Monday is no exception.
Starting with the Casbah, Anti-Monday League welcomes the Trophy Fire, Gone Baby Gone and I Was Totally Destroying It, who clearly get the win for most interesting band name of the night.
Over at Eleven, Kelsey is booking up a storm and you can catch Barbarian, Jeans Wilder (who has been getting some serious blogosphere love for his latest release, Totally) and Bruin.
Finally, at Soda Bar, you can catch touring act Ringo Deathstarr from Austin, Texas. Ringo Deathstarr's warm and fuzzy sound may get simplistically labeled in the shoegaze department, but their unique style gives them a clear edge over other bands that share that label.
Monday September 17:
- Ringo Deathstarr, the Tennis System, the Short Eyes @ Soda Bar
- Barbarian, Jeans Wilder, Bruin @ Eleven
- Anti-Monday League presents the Trophy Fire, Gone Baby Gone, I Was Totally Destroying It @ Casbah
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Conway James @ Tin Can
- Monday Night Mass with the Husky Boy All-Star DJs @ Bar Pink
- Transparent Productions presents John Mark McMillan @ House of Blues
- Tim Raldo, Matt Nasty, Johnny Giles @ Tower Bar
- Banshee Bones @ The Shakedown Bar
- Morrissey Monday with Kevin Cavanaugh @ Riviera Supper Club
- Dirty Mondays with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Robin Henkel @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Disco Monday with DJs French Kiss Collective @ El Dorado
- Missy Andersen @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Industry Night XIII @ Fluxx
- Trivia Quiz Night @ Whistle Stop
- Off the Clock Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Karaoke @ Til-Two Club
- Oktoberfest BandSlam BOTB Pre-Lims @ 710 Beach Club
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken