Vito Di Stefano
Tim Pyles introducing Trouble in the Wind last week at SoundDiego LIVE.
After this crazy weekend of incredible live music, perhaps you're just looking to stay in on Monday, but I know some of you out there had to work all weekend, so there are still some great options to see live music this Labor Day. Over at the Casbah, the Field will deliver a great show for the Anti-Monday League, hosted by our hostess with the mostest, Tim Pyles -- no membership required. Roxy Jones will certainly tear up Eleven, and if you haven't seen the band in a while, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how they've matured over the years. The one I'm going to really recommend, however, is Kishi Bashi at Soda Bar. Besides the awesome name, the band's record is really great and will be a pleasant surprise this Monday night. Whatever you do, get out and support live music tonight.
Monday, Sept. 3 (Labor Day):
- Anti-Monday League Presents: the Field, Church Hustlers, Colour Field @ Casbah
- Kishi Bashi, the Last Bison, Bruin @ Soda Bar
- End of Summer Lafayette Pool Party, featuring Junior the Discopunk, DJ XP, Beat Panther @ Lafayette Hotel Pool (1-5:30 p.m., $10)
- Roxy Jones, Ape Machine, Deadly Birds @ Eleven
- Monday Night Mass, with the Husky Boy All-Star DJs @ Bar Pink
- Morrissey Monday, with Kevin Cavanaugh @ Riviera Supper Club
- Dirty Mondays, with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Chet Cannon Benefit for Greg Willis, featuring Wyatt Lowe's Youngbloods, Miss Nena Anderson, the Bayou Brothers, Sister Ruby, Joey Harris, Chet & the Committee, the Red Lotus Revue, Billy & Junior Watson @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Disco Monday, with French Kiss Collective @ El Dorado
- Off the Clock Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.