The Austin psych rock band the Black Angels will be at the Belly Up on Sunday.
It's been a pretty great weekend in San Diego, and it isn't over yet. There are many ways to enjoy this city by day, and when the sun drops, the music is just getting started. By the time the Black Angels take the stage at the Belly Up, you'll be ready to rock one last time before getting yourself prepared for Monday morning. The Austin kings of psychedelic rock recently released their fourth album and consistently deliver some of the best music in the genre. Other options on Sunday include the Appleseed Cast at the Casbah and Hands over at Soda Bar. If you head to the latter, check out locals Social Club, who are getting a smattering of local buzz.
Sunday, May 19:
- Mini CicloSDias @ Marston Point, Balboa Park (10 a.m. to 4 p.m., all ages, free)
- Sicialian Festa @ Little Italy (10 a.m. to 6 p.m., all ages, free)
- Antique Street Fair @ La Mesa Village (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- The Appleseed Cast, Hospital Ships, Tiny Telephones @ Casbah
- Casbah presents the Black Angels with Hanni El Khatib, Wall of Death @ Belly Up
- Hands, Social Club, Super Water Sympathy @ Soda Bar
- Inspired and the Sleep, Tele Novella (members of Agent Ribbons and Voxtrot), Sledding With Tigers @ The Ché Café
- Local Bands, Local Brews @ 710 Beach Club
- Dirty Kid Discount, Dead Bundy & the Neat Neat Neats, Animal Train @ Shakedown
- Happy Endings, hosted by DJs Joemama & Friends @ Bar Pink
- Intervention Sundays, with Quintino, Gregori Klosman @ Hard Rock Hotel
- Buddha's Bash Spaghetti Social @ ArtLab Studios
- Songwriters Acoustic Nights, featuring Chad Taggert, Sven-Erik Seaholm, Mason James, Bill Hartwell @ Swedenborg Hall
- The Hips @ Gallagher's
- Breakthru Entertainment Presents @ House of Blues
- Stellita, Shelle Blue @ Humphreys Backstage
- John Hull @ Lestat's
- Seedless, the VeraGroove @ The Griffin
- Jose Sinatra hosta O.B.-o-ke @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.