Gardens and Villa, presented by ListenSD.com, play U-31 in North Park Sunday night.
At SoundDiego, we strive to support local music and the San Diego music community, so when newcomer ListenSD.com came on the scene a year ago, we embraced yet another outlet that can help elevate the scene. A year has passed and the costumed panda and crew will be celebrating tonight at U-31 with Gardens & Villa. The band recently released their second album, Dunes, and it is a collection of indie rock awesomeness from the first track to the last. Tropical Popsicle joined the bill along with the Colour Vision crew to make this a great party for a Sunday night. If you'd rather go for a face-melting than a dance party tonight, Russian Circles have you covered at the Casbah (also read our SoundDiego interview with the progressive metal band here), and if that isn't brutal enough, check out Cattle Decapitation at Porter's Pub.
Sunday, March 9:
- ListenSD Presents: Gardens & Villa, Tropical Popsicle, Colour Vision @ U-31
- Russian Circles, Helms Alee, Ken Mode @ the Casbah
- Casbah Presents: Solids, Creative Adult, Pup @ the Hideout (formerly the Void)
- Scale the Summit, the Ocean, the Atlas Moth, Silver Snakes @ Soda Bar
- Casbah Presents: Cattle Decapitation, King Parrot, Thanatology, Eukaryst @ Porter's Pub
- Mirah, Ages and Ages @ the Loft
- The Lumps, Useless Eaters, Scraper @ the Tower Bar
- Rare Monk @ Bar Pink
- Habits, batwings, Prayers, Hot Nerds (DJ Set), Rancho Shampoo, and Late Nite Owl @ the Bancroft
- Bent Self @ Kava Lounge
- Vaud and the Villains @ Belly Up
- Gripin & Twenty7 @ 710 Beach Club
- Pants Karaoke @ the Merrow
- Club 80's @ Ken Club
- Sassy Sunday Jazz Standards with Lorraine Castellanos @ Turf Club
- Kirk Franklin Presents: Gospel Brunch @ House of Blues
- John Bowe (10:00am), Pleazure (8:00) @ Humphrey's Backstage
- NTNT, the Chili Bandits @ Lestat's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.