Crocodiles return to San Diego for a big Saturday night hometown show.
It has been a while since the Crocodiles have been in town, but they're always welcomed back lovingly in the city where it all started. The core band of Brandon Welchez and Charles Rowland have expanded into a five-piece, adding a keyboardist, bassist and drummer to the mix. Their third album, Endless Flowers, will be released by Frenchkiss Records in June, but I suspect you'll get a sneak peek on Sunday night of many of the new tracks, mixed in with some of their beloved older gems.
Sunday, March 11:
- Crocodiles, Bleeding Rainbow, DJ Mario Orduno @ Casbah
- Back to the Garden, (tribute to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), Eve Selis, Berkley Hart, Peter Bolland @ Anthology
- Saviours, Holy Grail, Shaking Pyramid @Soda Bar
- Silent Lune, Archeology, the Horde and the Harem, @ Eleven (4 p.m.)
- 02 for Life! @ Belly Up
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar A$AP Rocky @ Viejas Arena
- Drake Official After Party @ On Broadway
- Anything Goes DJs, Let’s Wind Down @ Whistle Stop
- Fierce Creatures, Royal Canoe, the Morning Clouds, We Care @ Tin Can
- Pants Karaoke @ Eleven
- SOJA, Gentleman & the Evolution, Anuhea @ House of Blues
- Petoskey, Shane Cooley @ Lestat's
- Listenlocalsd.com presents Acoustic Alliance @ Brick By Brick
- Sunday Cinema presents Pulp Fiction @ 710 Beach Club
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Hank Easton @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Fattburger @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge
- Breakage @ Voyeur
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.