There aren't a lot of choices this Sunday night, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to do. Do yourself a favor and head over to El Cajon Boulevard, right between the 805 and the 15, and find yourself at the Soda Bar to catch some face-melting post-rock. Aeges bring it hard and Sleep Lady never disappoint. Add the Tall Ships and you have yourself a winning lineup that will make you forget you have to work the next day. Or, if you don't have to work, walk over to Eleven after the show for the best karaoke in town, where you might catch some of San Diego's best musicians moonlighting as cheeseballs as they croon their favorite '80s hair ballad.
Sunday, Jan. 6:
- Aeges, Sleep Lady, the Tall Ships @ Soda Bar
- Mrs. Henry, Spero, Badabing @ Casbah
- PettyBreakers, Ron Blair (of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), Keith Scott (of Bryan Adams) and Jesse Valenzuela (of the Gin Blossoms), Pablo Sainz Villegas @ Belly Up
- Ed Ghost, Trucker, Brolly, Fine Minds @ The Griffin
- Robin Henkel @ Humphreys Backstage (10 a.m.)
- Darryl Williams @ Humphreys Backstage (8 p.m.)
- Darren Raser @ Across the Street (Mueller College)
- Alex Rather Taylor, Miles Wick @ Lestat's
- BJ Jezbera CD release, Township Rebellion, Cotton the Machine @ Ruby Room
- Jose Sinatra hosts O-B-Oke @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.