Vito Di Stefano
The Black Sands brings their experimental rock to the Griffin Monday night.
'Twas the Monday before Christmas, and all through San Diego, not many creatures were stirring, but some were rocking. The Tin Can Country Club welcomed holiday crooners, while the Casbah
hosted the best in cumbia, salsa, and Latino rockers. The Griffin stepped up with St. Cloud Sleepers and Black Sands, and Soda Bar Decks
the Halls with Monster
bands. Christmas day is just two days away, but this Monday night still rocks, so come out and play.
Monday December 23:
- St. Cloud Sleepers, the Black Sands, Jeans Wilder (solo), Fighting With Irons @ the Griffin
- Sonidero Travesura, Sonida De La Frontera, Cumbia Machin, Perros Cobardes, DJs Unite, V-Rock, Audio Amazon @ Casbah
- Deck B, Requiem For the Rockets, Mascara Monsters @ Soda Bar
- Kut U Up, Second Generation, Loose Snakes @ Belly Up
- The Tin Can Country Club Ruins Christmas feat. the Bible Brothers @ Tin Can
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Christian Hastings Band @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Monday Night Madness @ House of Blues
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- WG & the G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.