Gregory Alan Isakov headlines a sold-out show at Soda Bar.
Don't hate me because the best Sunday show is already sold-out: Gregory Alan Isakov. He's an indie folk singer -- he may not be a household name yet, but he can be heard on The Loft at Sirius XM and Slacker indie chill radio. He performed last in 2011 at Lestat's (I believe this is Isakov's first time back since then). If you missed out on tickets, the good news is your backup plans aren't too shabby with Leopold & His Fiction at the Casbah; or locals Okapi Sun at Bar Pink. Whatever you choose, it's still a solid Sunday night of live music, so take advantage of it.
Sunday, August 18:
- Casbah presents Gregory Alan Isakov, Kris Orlowski, Gabriel Douglas @ Soda Bar (sold-out)
- Leopold & His Fiction, Grandpadrew, Heart Beat Trail @ Casbah
- Okapi Sun @ Bar Pink ($5 only)
- Reckless Kelly, Micky & the Motorcars, Wade Bowen @ Belly Up (8 p.m.)
- Shayma Tash, Clauda Shires, Tommy Chunn, Bob Murphy @ Belly Up (3 p.m.)
- Orange Pickers, Rift, DJ Maggot @ Brick by Brick
- Entities (last show), Big Bad Buffalo, Chasing Norman @ Ché Café
- Jason Brown @ Humphreys Backstage
- The Blondies, Mason James @ Lestat's
- Three Finger Lid, TRC Sound System @ the Griffin
- Rock Showcase: Dumbest Animals with the Anton Collective @ Winstons (5 p.m.)
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B-o-ke @ Winstons (10 p.m.)
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.