Vito Di Stefano
Dustin Lothspeich, member of local bands Old Tiger and Boy King, plays with his rock duo Chess Wars at the Griffin.
Hopefully you're one of the fortunate Americans who got a three-day weekend and can enjoy some time off. The music scene, however, takes very few holidays, and on Monday, you can see any of many great shows all over town. Ninety's rockers Filter perform at Brick By Brick, while a Country Club favorite, Scott Blinn, is featured at Tin Can. A Java Joe's success story, Jason Mraz, returns to San Diego to perform at the Rob Machado Foundation Benefit Concert at the Belly Up, and Swedish electro act the Deer Tracks are at Soda Bar. Of course, we sometimes have to play favorites around here, so for a great local lineup at the Griffin, check out Lord Howler with Chess Wars, featuring -- full disclosure -- SoundDiego's latest employee, Dustin Lothspeich. It's a great night for music so don't let Monday deter you from the fun.
Monday, Nov. 11:
- Lord Howler, Chess Wars, the Gods of Science @ the Griffin
- Anti-Monday League with Mad Professor: the Roots of Dubstep Tour, Rafter - "It's Reggae" live dubbed by Castor + Pollux", Kill Quanti DJ's @ Casbah
- The Deer Tracks, Idyll Wild, Nicky Venus @ Soda Bar
- The Tin Can Country Club feat. Scott Blinn @ Tin Can
- Rob Machado 2nd Annual Benefit Concert with special acoustic performances by Jason Mraz, John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls), Austin Burns, Run River North @ Belly Up -- (read our interview with Rob Machado here)
- Filter, We As Human, Sinflood, Theosis @ Brick By Brick
- Casbah presents Ab-Soul, Joey Bada$$ & Pro Era, the Underachievers, Chevy Woods, Music by: Statik Selektah, Hosted by: The Emperor Shiest Bubz @ SOMA
- Negative Approach, MDC, Nerve Control @ Che Cafe
- For the Fallen Dreams, Echoes, The Hallowed, Felonies @ House of Blues
- Part Time, Skin Town @ The Void
- Industry Night @ Fluxx
- The Monday Night Spot feat Yodah & Joey Jimenez @ Henry's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Michele Lundeen @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Monday Night Madness @ House of Blues
- Open Mic hosted by Chad Taggert @ Lestat's
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.