Fire Sparks at Clairemont Home

Residents evacuated a home in Clairemont Friday morning after a fire sparked inside a bedroom, officials said.

The blaze was reported around 7:45 a.m. at a house in the 4400 block of Mt. Castle Avenue. When crews from the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department (SDFD) arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from the home.

Residents were safely evacuated. Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the flames, confining the fire to the bedroom where it sparked, preventing it from spreading to the rest of the home.

Ty Shimoguchi of the SDFD said a couple of the residents were taken to a local hospital for minor, unspecified injuries.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Contact Us