Veterans Day is on Wednesday (Nov. 11) and many local businesses are finding ways to give back to San Diego’s military heroes by offering deals and freebies throughout the day.
This year, Veterans Day freebies include:
- Restaurants such as Applebee’s, California Pizza Kitchen, Chili’s, On the Border and Hooters will all be serving free meals to veterans. Applebee’s selections include a 7-ounce sirloin steak, a chicken tenders platter or an American Standard burger, among others. Meanwhile, Chili’s freebies include any lunch combo, soup and salad or any full-size flatbread, among other selections.
- BJ’s Restaurant, Claim Jumper and Olive Garden will serve free select entrees. BJ’s will offer any entrée under $12.95, while Olive Garden will offer free cheese ravioli or lasagna, among other entrees.
- Little Caesar’s will give veterans and active-duty military members a free $5 Lunch Combo from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Home Depot and Lowe’s will provide a 10 percent discount on purchases.
- Legoland California will give a 25 to 37 percent discount on admission until Dec. 31, which includes a second-day admission free
- Knott’s Berry Farm will give vets and active-duty military service members free admission for themselves plus one guest through Dec. 20.
- San Diego’s Old Town Trolley Tours will offer free tours to veterans
- SeaWorld San Diego is free to veterans plus three of their guests through Dec. 31.
- The USS Midway Museum will offer free admission to vets and their families.
- Denny's will offer a free Grand Slam to veterans from 5 a.m. to noon
- Outback Steakhouse will give military members a free Bloomin' Onion appetizer on Veterans Day, plus 15 percent off the entire check Nov. 12 through Dec. 31
- Sizzler will offer a free beverage and lunch to veterans
- Red Robin will offer a free Red's Tavern Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries
U.S. active-duty military members and veterans must bring their ID to enjoy these freebies.