San Diego

Cat Dies in Otay Mesa House Fire: Family

A cat died in a fire, which sparked inside an Otay Mesa home while the homeowners were out.

The fire began at approximately 9:45 p.m. on Vista San Francisquito across Vista San Guadalupe, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found flames and smoke coming from the home.

The homeowner told NBC 7, the family's cat was inside the home and died in the fire.

She said they were at the store when they received a call from a neighbor telling them their house was on fire.

At this time, the homeowner said they do not know the cause.

No other information was available.

Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.

Contact Us