Dogs Die in House Fire - NBC 7 San Diego

Dogs Die in House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Join The Holiday Toy Drive
    An elderly woman's dogs died and she lost her University City home when the house burned to the ground.

    An elderly woman's dogs died and she lost her University City home when the house burned to the ground, a local paper is reporting.

    The fire started around 1 a.m. in the 4500 block of Lisann Street. Firefighters say the blaze may have started in the fireplace.

    The woman who lived in the home was taken to UCSD Medical Center with minor burn injuries and smoke inhalation. Two of her dogs died in the fire, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported, but a third canine was rescued from the home.

    Firefighters said the flames were difficult to knock down, partly because the house was cluttered inside.
       
    The home is a total loss.