A 12-year old girl saves a dog and a cat during a house fire in Carlsbad on Monday, the Carlsbad Fire Department told NBC 7.
The fire sparked around 7:53 p.m. on the 4200 block of Clearview Drive.
Carlsbad Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Lawrence told NBC 7 the 12-year old girl was alone when the fire began. She called 911 and then sought help from neighbors—she was able to get a dog and a cat out of the home.
The fire caused approximately $900,000 worth of damage and displaced the family, including three kids.
There were no injuries reported.
Lawrence said the family was being placed in a hotel.