When I was much younger, I discovered my mom's vinyl collection and became somewhat obsessed with Joan Baez and Judy Collins. In a way, it was my gateway drug into current folk and indie folk but going back to the roots. Tonight, legend Judy Collins joins Stephen Stills at Humphreys and you can be sure the kayaks will be out in full force. Get there early for the super-talented Joe Purdy. Around town, The Lexicons lead a local lineup at the Casbah, Fistfights With Wolves melt faces at Soda Bar and Jolly Llamas play Space.
Monday, June 4:
- Stephen Stills, Judy Collins, Joe Purdy @ Humphreys Concerts by the Bay
- The Lexicons, Nothing Special, Krook Tone Classics @ Casbah
- Fistfights With Wolves, Adeumazel @ Soda Bar
- Is This It with Jolly Llamas, Evan Diamond & the Library @ Space
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Rudy's Foodies @ Winston's (6 p.m.)
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday: Live Tribute to Wire @ Blonde
- Margarita Monday with Salsa and Bachata Dancing @ Tio Leo's
- Michael J Dwyer @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- San Marcos Middle School Concert @ California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Blabbermouth @ The Loft, UCSD
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation: Underground '90s, Chill Hip-Hop @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.