San Diego has the most bars on the list, edging out Los Angeles with six places.
“You’ll find an excellent brew in your glass and people—staff, owners, barflies—who care about that as much as you do,” wrote the publication devoted to all things beer-related.
Here are the local spots that earned a place on the elite list :
- Blind Lady Ale House in Normal Heights
- Churchill’s Pub and Grille in San Marcos
- Encinitas Ale House in Encinitas
- Hamilton’s Tavern in South Park
- O’Brien's American Pub in Kearny Mesa
- Small Bar in University Heights
- Tiger! Tiger! in North Park
Four of those bars can be seen in one night if you ride on the DrinkAbout bus every third Wednesday of the month. Hamilton’s, Blind Lady Ale House and O’Briens have all graced the top 100 list in previous years.
All the locations are known for having a unique selection of craft beers. You can see what’s on tap at each location on Taphunter ‘s website.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab a brew before these places are overrun with beer tourists.