I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend, but it's not quite over just yet. While tonight has the usual residencies back in action, you also have two really great unusual options. Anti-Monday League at the Casbah features legendary musician Mojo Nixon (from National City). As the Dead Milkmen famously said in their song "Punk Rock Girl" after entering a mall record shop, "If you don't know Mojo Nixon, then your store could use some fixin'."
Your other great option for the night features some great indie bands with Crooked Fingers, led by ex-Archers of Loaf vocalist Eric Bachmann; the Mynabirds -- a great band on the Barsuk label; and locals Little White Teeth over at the Soda Bar. Riviera, Bar Pink and U-31 are your other best options for the night. Then again, you can stay home and watch cable reruns. You don't really wanna be the person at home watching reruns, do you?
Monday, Sept. 6:
- Crooked Fingers, the Mynabirds, Little White Teeth @ Soda Bar
- Anti-Monday League presents Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors, Joey Harris and the Mentals, The Farmers @ Casbah (early show)
- Melly Frances and the Distilled Spirits @ Riviera Supper Club
- Bad Manners @ Sound Wave
- The Styletones @ Bar Pink
- Lady Dottie and the Diamonds @ U-31
- Chet Cannon's Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Blues Jam hosted by Mystery Train @ O'Connell's
- Doug Allen, Suzy Bongo @ The Kraken
- Jeff Moore and the Witchdoctors @ Patrick's II
- Electric Waste Band, Drunk Poet's Society @ Winston's
- Ron Bell @ Cafe LaMaze
- The Get Down @ Club Kadan
- Dave Scott @ Croce's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.