I've never had the chance to go to Omaha, Neb., but from what I've gathered over the years, the city is a bit of a music mecca. Thanks in large part to the success of Conor Oberst and his many projects over the years, there is no shortage of bands to satisfy the population's indie-rock needs, and as in many scenes, you'll find that there is a lot of cross pollination between bands and projects.
Such is the case for Tilly & the Wall, with several members having played with Bright Eyes or other known Omaha acts. They have all of the elements of indie cool, including a tap dancer in lieu of a drummer, theatrical performances and costuming. The band has been around for just shy of a decade but if you're a Sirius listener, you've definitely heard them frequently on XMU.
You can catch the band in all its glory at the Casbah for Anti-Monday League. With Y La Bamba and Icky Blossoms rounding out the lineup, you're in for a Monday night treat.
Monday, Nov. 12:
- Anti-Monday League presents Tilly & the Wall, Y La Bamba, Icky Blossoms @ Casbah
- Casbah presents Talkdemonic, Extra Classic @ Soda Bar
- Edochuli, Moxie Beat @ Eleven
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Matthew Strachota @ Tin Can
- Soul Jazz Jam with the Fire Eaters @ Bar Pink
- Rob Machado Foundation Benefit with John Rzeznik, Jon Foreman, Jon Swift @ Belly Up
- Dirty Mondays with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Scars and Stripes, the Code 7's, the Darlings @ The Shakedown Bar
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Morrisey Mondays with Kevin Cavanaugh @ Riviera Supper Club
- Ricky Girodano's Jazz Quartet @ Athenaeum Music & Arts Library (12 p.m.)
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Karaoke @ Til-Two Club
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Jazz Jam w/ Deejha & Walter @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.