Alice Smith performs Monday at the Casbah.
It it's Monday after the big game, and if you're like 7 million other Americans, you called in sick today. If you didn't, you should congratulate yourself on being a grownup and reward yourself with some Anti-Monday League fun at the Casbah tonight. Sultry songstress Alice Smith takes the stage to share new material that's been somewhat lost in the all-too-common major-label shuffle. Opening the night is Cory Chisel, one of the great troubadours of our era. The unique dirt of his voice with the skilled storytelling of his lyrics are so impressive that if he's not already one of your favorites, he will be by the time the night is over.
Monday, Feb. 6:
- Anti-Monday League presents Alice Smith, Corey Chisel @ Casbah
- The Lonesome Heroes, April Ventura & the Magnolias, Saba, Melly Frances & the Distilled Spirits @ Soda Bar
- Spaceships, Heywood, TS & the Past Haunts, Noel Jordan @ Tin Can
- The St. James Society, Mold, Hot Mustard, Kill the Moon @ Ruby Room
- Monday Mass, with DJs Duse and Grimm @ Bar Pink
- Dirty Mondays, with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Jeff Chimenti and AJ Santella, Clay Colton Band @ Anthology
- Chet Cannon Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Missy Mondays, with Missy Andersen (duo) @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Kyle Sorrell @ Tiki House
- Kasey Kay @ Lyceum Theatre noon
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.