Google is banking on original programming help YouTube's popularity.
In YouTube's quest for original programming, the video site announced it is teaming up with a few new services.
Monday, it launched Penske Medi-Ion Tv's Entertainment News Television channel, and Young Media's Young Hollywood Network channel.
Also on its way, is a team-up with the Reuters news service.
According to VentureBeat, the 10 new shows from Reuters include:
- Reuters Investigates, featuring investigative journalism and special reports from around the world, in coordination with Reuters award-winning Enterprise unit.
- The Trail, with Reuters political reporters covering the presidential candidates on the campaign trail.
- Felix TV, with Reuters finance blogger Felix Salmon, named by Time magazine one of the Top 25 financial bloggers.
- Media Bite, featuring Peter Lauria, editor of technology, media & telecommunications, and his team of reporters covering a media world experiencing massive change.
- Tech Tonic, with Anthony De Rosa, Reuters Digital’s social media editor, dubbed by The New York Times “the undisputed king of Tumblr”.
- Freeland File, with Reuters Digital editor Chrystia Freeland interviewing top newsmakers.
- Fast Forward, hosted by Chrystia Freeland and featuring Reuters’ top commentators and journalists
- Money Clip, with Lauren Young, personal finance editor and former editor at BusinessWeek and SmartMoney.
- Rough Cuts, with Jen Rogers, showcasing the remarkable news video that Reuters video journalists shoot around the world, allowing viewers to see and hear that video in greater depth than most television networks can offer.
- Decoder, explaining in succinct and surprising ways the key topics in the news, ranging from the debt ceiling to the Strait of Hormuz.