San Bernardino County Mountains-Santa Ana Mountains and Foothills-
San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning-Orange County Coastal Areas-
Orange County Inland Areas-
Including the cities of Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario,
Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Crestline, Running Springs, Banning,
Desert Hot Springs, Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Irvine, Orange,
and Mission Viejo
527 AM PST Sun Dec 17 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PST THIS EVENING...
* Winds...Areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph below the Cajon Pass and near the
coastal foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains.
* Timing...Strongest and most widespread from after sunrise
through the morning...then decreasing and becoming more
localized during the afternoon and evening.
* Location...Along and below coastal mountain slopes and passes
* Visibility...Locally reduced at times in blowing dust.
* Impacts...The winds will make driving difficult...especially
for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken
tree limbs. Areas of blowing dust could locally reduce
visibility at times.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution..