Fire Weather Warning
San Bernardino County Mountains-
Including The Mountain Top And Front Country Ranger Districts Of
The San Bernardino National Forest-Riverside County Mountains-
Including The San Jacinto Ranger District Of The San Bernardino
National Forest-Santa Ana Mountains-
Including The Trabuco Ranger District of the Cleveland National
Forest-San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning-Orange County Coastal Areas-
Orange County Inland Areas-
331 AM PST Sat Dec 16 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 8 PM PST
SUNDAY FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES...
* WIND...Areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 50 mph for late tonight through Sunday morning...decreasing
Sunday afternoon and evening. Isolated gusts to 60 mph.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds along coastal mountain slopes and
below passes and canyons. Lowest humidities along coastal
mountain slopes...and in the Inland Empire and inland Orange
* HUMIDITY...Lowest daytime humidities of 10 to 15 percent.
* TIMING...Strongest winds from late Saturday night through Sunday
morning with lowest humidities for late Sunday morning through
* OUTLOOK...Winds will weaken for Sunday night and Monday.
* FIRE WEATHER IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely
spread rapidly and be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning
should be avoided.
* WIND IMPACTS...Hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Blowing dust may locally reduce visibility below one
mile at times. Debris on roadways and falling tree branches
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and heat can contribute to
extreme fire behavior.