Being green, health conscious and eco-savvy is always in fashion—especially when it comes to what we eat.
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or a meat-eater striving to stay healthy, look no further than your own backyard. From organic restaurants to health food stores and Farmers’ Markets, DiscoverSD.com has your top picks for natural food sources in San Diego.
San Diego Green Restaurants
- Nature's Express Restaurant and Market - Downtown
- Lean and Green - La Jolla
- Veg-N-Out - North Park
- Spread - North Park
- The Linkery - North Park
Notable mentions: Ranchos Natural Foods, Tender Greens.
San Diego Grocers Markets
- Jimbo's - Del Mar, Carlsbad, Escondido and 4S Ranch
- Whole Foods Market - La Jolla, Hillcrest
- North Park Meat Company
San Diego Farmers’ Markets
- Carlsbad Village Farmers' Market and Food Fair
- Hillcrest Farmers' Market
Notable Mentions: Escondido Farmers' Market, La Jolla Farmers' Market, Ocean Beach Farmers’ Market.
For more details about these locations and an insider tip, check out DiscoverSD.com's article "Discover Dining: Top Ten San Diego Natural Food Sources."