The Space Shuttle Endeavour will begin its final journey through the streets of Los Angeles on Friday.
Here is the schedule for Endeavour's journey:
Friday, Oct. 12
- 2 a.m.: Depart LAX on north side.
- 4:15 a.m.: Arrive at intersection of La Tijera and Sepulveda boulevards. There, Endeavour will have a 9-hour layover while the roads ahead are cleared.
- 1:15 p.m.: Head east on Manchester Boulevard.
- 4 p.m.: Stop short of San Diego (405) Freeway, and transfer shuttle to another carrier for crossing the overpass.
- 10 p.m.: Cross 405 Freeway. CHP will close ramps and run traffic stops to minimize traffic disruptions caused by gawking. Endeavour will continue east overnight.
Saturday, Oct. 13
- 8 a.m.: Pass Inglewood City Hall, a designated viewing area.
- 9 a.m.: Reach the Forum, the scene of a formal welcoming celebration capable of accommodating a crowd as large as 14,000.
- 9:30 a.m.: Continue east on Manchester Boulevard, turning left at Crenshaw Drive, which connects to Crenshaw Boulevard.
- 2 p.m.: Arrive at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard for a second celebration, with entertainment produced by Debbie Allen.
- 2:30 p.m.: Continue east on MLK Boulevard.
- 4 p.m.: Reach Exposition Park, another designated viewing area and the site of the shuttle’s new home at the California Science Center.
Complete Coverage: Space Shuttle Endeavour