If you can’t afford an exotic vacation but need to get away from everyday stresses, the Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa in Corona is the perfect solution.
For an entire day you can soak up the sun, gossip with your girlfriends, pamper your skin and let your worries just melt away. The outdoor spa might be a little bit of a drive from San Diego, but it’s totally worth it.
What is most amazing about this place is the price. For just $38 you can spend the entire day (9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.) bathing in mineral pools, frolicking in a therapeutic red clay mud bath, floating on a lounge pool sipping on cocktails, flexing your muscles in water aerobics or warming your soul in one of their many hot tubs.
The spa also offers massages, body treatments, skin care, nail care and treatment packages, but those all cost extra.
- Get there early. Spa-goers start lining up before the doors open, so you’ll want to be ahead of the crowd to get a good sun lounger.
- Take an old bathing suit with you if you’re going to go into the mud bath. The clay will stain your suit, but will also leave your skin silky smooth.
- Take off silver jewelry because the mineral pools may damage it.
- The lunch is a little on the expensive side, you will pay about $11 for a sandwich or salad, but they give you ample food so you can share it with a friend.
- Leave the floatation pool until last because once you lay down, you won’t want to get up. It’s the perfect way to end a perfect day, chatting with girlfriends, sipping on cocktails and relaxing.