After a scorching weekend of music, Monday's listings might seem a little bit light, but the options available are definitely worth checking out.
Australian quartet the Jezabels have received rave reviews after shows at South By Southwest and small tours. Though they're passing through San Diego, you're going to have to either love their EPs or trust me that you're not going to want to miss them. I say this because the band's debut full-length record won't even be released until Nov. 8 on Mom + Pop Records. Opening the night is Yukon Blonde, who I had the pleasure of seeing a few years ago on Soma's side stage. This is going to be a great show and one you'll be bragging about for months to come as your friends jump on the bandwagon a little bit too late.
House of Blues is hosting some Aussies, too, with the return of the Wombats with openers Morning Parade. If you're up for some catchy pop tunes and want to enjoy some air conditioning along with your ice-cold beer, check out the Spring Standards tonight at the Soda Bar.
Monday October 1:
- Anti-Monday League presents the Jezabels, Yukon Blonde @ Casbah
- 91X presents the Wombats, Morning Parade @ House of Blues
- The Spring Standards, Lonesome Heroes, Midnight Parade, Rodello's Machine @ Soda Bar
- RVIVR, guests @ Eleven
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Jeffrey Murray (Calico Kids) @ Tin Can
- Monday Night Mass with the Husky Boy All-Stars @ Bar Pink
- Sonnymoon, B. Lewis @ Kava Lounge
- Morrissey Monday with Kevin Cavanaugh @ Riviera Supper Club
- Dirty Mondays with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Mercedes Moore @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Disco Monday with DJs French Kiss Collective @ El Dorado
- Jazz Jam with Deejah & Walter @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Lori Bell & Diane Snodgrass @ Athenaeum Music & Arts Library (12 p.m.)
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Karaoke @ Til-Two Club
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken