When I think of Mondays, the words "dance party" don't typically come to mind, but with slim pickings around town, why not get your groove on? When I hear Gil Mantera's Party Dream, I have bad flashbacks of '80s neon and Reebok high tops and Spandex, but when I get past all that, the music is fun and danceable, and should make for a great Anti-Monday League at the Casbah.
Locals Lion Cut are opening -- your chance to see what all the purring is about with these two cats.
Monday May 17:
- Anti-Monday League presents Gil Mantera's Party Dream, Sunday Times, Lion Cut @ Casbah
- Census, Magic Triangles, the Awful Truth, Ben Laatsch @ Tin Can Ale House
- Dusu Mali Band, Zimbeat @ Soda Bar
- Dresser, Nakatani, Turetzky @ the Loft
- Pyrate Punx Mayhem Mondays presents Daygo Produce, Skrapez, Odessa Kane, Illuminauts @ Radio Room
- The Styletones @ Bar Pink
- Blackout Party @ Riviera Supper Club
- Lady Dottie and the Diamonds @ U-31
- Midnite Roots Vision, DJ Carlos Culture @ Belly Up
- Missy Andersen @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Jeff Moore's Witchdoctors @ Patrick's II
- Electric Waste Band, Drunk Poet's Society @ Winston's
- Still Smokin Band @ Bar Leucadian
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.