A 21-year-old man died after catching fire on top of a New York City-bound Metro-North train in Connecticut, authorities said.
Officials with the MTA said the Ohio man, Brian McClellen, was found on fire atop the train shortly after 5 a.m. Sunday in Greenwich. Crew members were trying to figure out why the train lost power when they found him.
McClellen likely caught fire while being electrocuted after a pantograph -- a mechanical arm on top of the train that collects power from the overhead wires -- came down on him as the train entered the station, the MTA police said.
MTA spokesman Aaron Donovan says crew members doused McClellen with a fire extinguisher. He was taken to Westchester Medical Center, where he later died.
U.S. & World
Greenwich police said McClellen jumped onto the train while it was in motion. It had been carrying about 20 passengers; they got off and took another train to New York.