It's probably safe to say that at least eight of the nine stars of "Kate Plus 8" have to be pretty relieved by this news.
TLC announced Monday that it will not be renewing "Kate Plus 8" following this season, although it has left the door open for possible "check in" specials down the line.
"TLC has decided not to renew another season of 'Kate Plus 8,' " the network in a statement. "TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future."
U.S. & World
The network also praised the reality show for hitting the 150 episode milestone (counting the original incarnation, "Jon & Kate Plus 8").
For a show that started out hopeful but soon became a cautionary tale about the pressures of the spotlight, this can only be seen as good news. However, given how passionately Kate Gosselin has pursued the spotlight so far, it seems likely she is far from done with her TV career.
In weighing in on the cancellation, Kate Gosselin assured she intended to keep busy.
'We've had a great run!" Kate tweeted.
She called the cancellation "very sad," writing that "there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning," E! News reported.
But she said she planned to use her free time for more motivational speaking, book writing and "maybe even some dating."
Her ex, Jon Gosselin, told RadarOnline that he was "very relieved" his kids would get more time away from the cameras.
"I hope they can have more private family moments," he told Radar. "I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future."