A half-dozen students at Irving Middle School in Glassell Park reported feeling sick at the campus Monday morning, and were taken to the hospital after the reported overdose, authorities said.
The problem was reported about 10:30 a.m. at the school in the 3000 block of Estara Avenue, and four of the students were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department said the incident was reported as an overdose, but it wasn't clear what the students may have taken or ingested.
Parents were notified, and authorities were working to determine if the children may have been under the influence of an unknown substance, according to the Los Angeles Unified School District police department.
All of the children were in good condition, LAFD said.