Authorities say a central Florida woman has fatally shot her adult daughter in an apparent accident.
Winter Haven police say 52-year-old Adele Bing was charged with second-degree murder and child abuse Tuesday.
Police say Bing had just had a heated argument with her boyfriend before Monday night's shooting.
When Bing heard a knock at her door, she armed herself with a baseball bat and a handgun. The gun fired as Bing was opening the door, hitting her daughter, 25-year-old Ruby Bing, in the chest. She died at the scene. Ruby Bing had been holding her own infant when she was hit, but the child wasn't injured.
U.S. & World
Adele Bing was being held at the Polk County jail. It wasn't clear if Bing had an attorney.
More on NBC6.com:
- Gloria & Emilio Estefan Give Back on Thanksgiving
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Kidnapped Squirrel Returns Home for the Holidays
- Miami Rescue Mission Offers Thanksgiving Lunch to Needy
- Man Robs Bank, Changes Clothes, Waits at Bus Stop: Deputies
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note