Trump to Grant $1M to Help Las Vegas After Deadly Shooting - NBC 7 San Diego
Las Vegas Massacre

Las Vegas Massacre

Coverage of the Las Vegas concert attack, the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history

Trump to Grant $1M to Help Las Vegas After Deadly Shooting

The grant comes from emergency response funds within the Bureau of Justice Assistance

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Audio released by MGM Resorts shows the moment a Mandalay Bay Hotel engineer was shot at by Stephen Paddock, just minutes before Paddock gunned down 58 people and wounded hundreds of other people during the 91 Route Harvest music festival in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Published Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017)

    President Donald Trump said the federal government is sending $1 million to Las Vegas to help pay law enforcement costs related to last week's mass killing.

    Trump tweeted Wednesday that the grant will help pay for overtime logged by law enforcement officers after the gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more.

    The grant comes from emergency response funds within the Bureau of Justice Assistance, according to the Justice Department.

    The department said the grant recognizes the hard work and dedication of law enforcement officers who worked tirelessly in the wake of the attack.

    Las Vegas Strip Dims for Shooting Victims

    [NATL]Las Vegas Strip Dims for Shooting Victims

    The iconic Las Vegas Strip dimmed its lights exactly one week after the shooting at the Route 91 Harvest festival to commemorate and honor the 58 people who died during the attack. 

    (Published Monday, Oct. 9, 2017)