On the Fourth of July, the United States observes a federal holiday in honor of the Declaration of Independence.
All administrative offices in both the city and the county will be closed on Monday.
Here’s a look at what else will be closed and open around the region for this holiday.
Get San Diego local news, weather forecasts, sports and lifestyle stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC San Diego newsletters.
Parks & Recreation:
- Chollas Lake, city reservoirs and golf courses within the city of San Diego will be open though hours may vary.
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open.
- The following skate parks will be open:
- Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park
- Carmel Valley Skate Park
- Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park
- Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park
- Robb Field Skate Park
- City Heights Skate Park
- Linda Vista Skate Park
Parks & Recreation:
- All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed:
- Balboa Park Activity Center
- Botanical Building
- Casa del Prado
- Municipal Gym
- War Memorial Building.
- All City recreation centers, and City pools will be closed
- Tecolote Nature Center will be closed.
- All libraries will be closed
- All Administrative Offices will be closed.
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department will be closed.
- The Family Justice Center will be closed. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices will be closed.
- There will be a one-day delay for curbside trash, recyclables, and yard waste for residents in the City of San Diego. Please check with your waste hauler.
- The Miramar Landfill, Greenery and Recycling Center will be closed on Monday, July 4. Container sales will be closed.
- Parking meters will not be enforced along with time restrictions on the streets and yellow zones.
- Red, white and blue zones will be enforced at all times.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center would be closed on Monday. It is, in fact, open.