Suspect in 2 Violent Sexual Assaults Pleads Not Guilty

Jeremiah Williams, 24, is accused of two separate attacks in Mission Valley and University City

A suspect arrested in Arizona for two violent sexual assaults in San Diego pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday.

Jeremiah Williams, 24, is accused of two separate attacks: an Aug. 13 assault in University City and an assault just a day later at a Motel 6 in the Mission Valley area, according to the San Diego Police Department (SDPD).

After an extensive two month-long manhunt by multiple law enforcement agencies across California, Illinois, Arizona and Texas, Williams was arrests on Oct. 27 in Tolleson, Arizona.

“The district attorney’s office as well and other law enforcement agencies worked diligently to get him into custody," said Deputy District Attorney Trisha Amador. “I think their hard work paid off by him being back in San Diego, having him in court today.”

Jeremiah Williams was arrested in Tolleson, Arizona in connection with two sexual assault cases last August in the UTC area of San Diego and Mission Valley. NBC 7’s Rory Devine reports.

On Aug. 13, Williams allegedly assaulted a woman at the Venetian Condominiums on Nobel Drive in University City. Police said Williams allegedly knocked the woman to the ground and demanded money at gunpoint. He then dragged her into her apartment, where she was beaten and sexually assaulted.

Just a day later, police responded to reports of a man hitting a woman at a Motel 6 on Alvarado Canyon Road in Mission Valley. The suspect, later identified to be Williams, fled the scene and was later arrested in a nearby canyon with a hand gun, police said.

He was cited with a misdemeanor gun charge and released from custody.

But on Tuesday, Aug. 16, police responded to a report of a 23-year old woman who said she had been violently sexually assaulted on Sunday night at the same motel. Police then linked Williams to that sexual assault.

Williams plead not guilty to five sex crimes against the two victims. He is also facing charges related to making criminal threats, false imprisonment, and assault with a fire arm.

If convicted, he faces up to 75 years to life in prison, plus an additional 43 years. His bail was set at $5 million.

Prosecutors have filed two protective orders against Williams for both victims.

Williams will be in court on Dec. 1 for his preliminary hearing.

Contact Us